C/O OU Alumni Association
900 Asp Avenue, Suite 427
Norman, OK 73019
The Oklahoma City/Norman Chapter of the University of Oklahoma Black Alumni Society and Friends invites the nearly 2,000 African American graduates in the Oklahoma City and Norman areas , and friends of the University of Oklahoma, to join our efforts to make a difference in the lives of African American students attending the University of Oklahoma, African American alumni, and to promote the needs and interest of the University of Oklahoma.
OKC-Norman BAS Chapter Awards 2014-2015 Scholarships
On July 1, 2014, the Executive Board of Oklahoma City/Norman Chapter of the University of Oklahoma Black Alumni Society and Friends, announced that $12,000 in scholarships have been awarded to seven African American students from the Oklahoma City metropolitan area for the 2014-2015 academic year. Read more here.
OKC-Norman Chapter Holds 2014 Scholarship Luncheon
On August 14, 2014, the Oklahoma City/Norman Chapter of the University of Oklahoma Black Alumni Society and Friends held its Annual Scholarship Awards Luncheon at the OU Health Sciences Center Faculty House to recognize the new scholarship recipient for the 2014-2015 Dr. LaMona Evans Groce and Ada Lois Sipuel Fisher scholarships, and to recognize two May 2014 OU graduates, who were previous scholarship recipients.Read more by clicking here.
Annual Ada Lois Sipuel Fisher Golf Tournament Results
Click here to see the results from the 2014 tournament.
Our OUBASF Chapter’s Board is composed of the following individuals:
- President and Scholarship Committee Chair:Oscar B. Jackson, Jr., B.S., Business Education (OU, 1973)
- Secretary:D. Gayle Berry, B.A., Journalism (OU, 1991)
- Treasurer:Dr. Mary Allen Carey, Ph.D., Educational and Counseling Pyschology, Northwestern University; Professor Emeritus, OU College of Nursing
- Ada Lois Sipuel Fisher Scholarship Golf Tournament Chair:Michael Tisdale, B.A., Sociology (OU, 1974)
- Member-At-Large:Glenn L. Brooks, M.A., Sociology (OU, 1972)
- Member-At-Large:Sondra (Robbins) Brown, B.A., Journalism (OU, 1987)
- Member-At-Large:Dr. Dorscine Spigner-Littles, M.A., Counseling Psychology (OU, 1974), PhD, Higher Education Administration (OU, 1985)
- Member-At-Large:Charles Henry, B.A., Political Science (OU, 1991), Juris Doctorate, (Texas Southern University, 1995)
- Member-At-Large:Ken Lawson, B.B.A. (OU, 1975)
- Member-At-Large: Richard E. Cudjo B.B.A, Finance (OU, 1981)